While most people know about the benefits of l-arginine and l-citrulline, we’re getting asked why take l-arginine and l-citrulline together?
L-arginine, also called arginine, is an amino acid that helps increase nitric oxide production in the body, resulting in various health benefits. When l citrulline and l arginine are taken together, you could see an increase in cardiovascular, immune boosting, and sexual health benefits.
When you’re taking l-arginine, it gets absorbed by the body quickly to produce a burst of nitric oxide production. L-citrulline – on the other hand – is absorbed at a slower rate within the body before it’s utilized in the nitric oxide production process. Because l-citrulline is absorbed over a longer period of time, you see a sustained nitric oxide release. When you’re taking l-arginine and l-citrulline together, you get the best of both. You get the rapid release of nitric oxide along with the sustained release.
Why take L-arginine and L-citrulline together? Because the combination offers a longer period of nitric oxide release.
L-citrulline and L-Arginine taken together
Together, l-arginine and l-citrulline work better to:
- Support cardiovascular health
- Boost nitric oxide production
- Help blood flow more easily
- Support healthy blood pressure
- Boost the immune system
- Detoxify the liver
- Eliminate ammonia from the body
- Enhance recovery from intense workouts
- Improve sexual stamina
By taking l-arginine and l-citrulline, those who benefit are:
- People looking to support healthy blood pressure
- Those who want to avoid angina
- Anyone who wants to avoid poor blood circulation
- People looking for protection from strokes and heart attacks
- Athletes who want faster recovery after workouts
- Men suffering from erectile dysfunction
How are L-arginine and L-citrulline Connected?
When citrulline enters the kidney:
- It’s converted into arginine
- Plasma and tissue levels of arginine increase
- Increases nitric oxide production and relaxes blood vessels
- Helps eliminate ammonia from the liver
Citrulline and Arginine are Essential
Citrulline and arginine are important in:
- Vasodilation (widening of the blood vessels)
- It’s a result of the relaxation of smooth muscle cells within the vessel walls
- The inner lining of blood vessels uses nitric oxide
- The nitric oxide signals the surrounding muscle to relax
- The result is relaxed blood vessels and increased blood flow
Other benefits include:
- Raised plasma and tissue levels of arginine
- Enhanced nitric oxide production
What Inhibits Proper Nitric Oxide Production?
- Over-consumption of salt
Some of the benefits of taking l-arginine nutritional supplements include:
- Assisting in nitric oxide production
- Helping with conditions like atherosclerosis and intermittent claudication
- Helping with other conditions that improve when blood vessels are relaxed
- Supplemental citrulline boosting blood levels of arginine
Citrulline is more readily absorbed than arginine alone:
- It bypasses metabolism in the liver and gastrointestinal tract
- Is readily absorbed in the kidneys
Take the Best L-arginine and L-citrulline Supplement
When it comes to taking L-arginine and L-citrulline together, nothing works better than L-arginine Plus. L-arginine Plus works because it features both l-arginine and l-citrulline to increase nitric oxide levels. By increasing nitric oxide levels, L-arginine Plus helps widen and open the blood vessels wider. This process takes pressure off the heart as it pumsp blood throughout the body and offers so many health benefits.